Thursday, April 02, 2009

The difference between Bumiputera and Non-Bumiputera?

I was at my legal office this morning to clear some of the files before going to Bukit Gantang. My staff transferred a call to my line that had some inquiries regarding the application of MB Consent for one of my client’s Property in Ipoh Garden East.

To my surprise, the question posed to me was whether there are Bumiputera or Non-Bumiputera staying at the neighbouring area of the house. I asked her whether it is material? She just replied “Saya tengah proses dan boss saya tanya berkenaan dengan ini”.

How long more do we have to endure the dichotomy of this Bumiputera and Non-Bumiputera? All of us are born here, we treat each other as brothers and sisters. Why is the authority keep dividing us into different sects to the extent that when People use their hard earn money to buy a house, the authority has to question who is staying beside him/her.

I stayed with 2 Malay and 1 foreign students in the student hostel for 4 years. I was in a class of 200 law students with 2 chinese. I was happy and still feels no disatisfaction about it. My Malay and Muslims friends feel comfortable. What’s wrong with the authority now?

I learned during my university days and could still remember and appreciate that Al-Quran says in Surah 49 Ayat 13: “O mankind! We created you from a single man and woman, and put you into tribes and nations, that you may know each other.”

Change, a change which is much awaited for.

No comments: